Terms and Conditions of Sale
This clause contains provisions which affect your legal rights.
Please read it carefully before proceeding.
If you do not understand any part of it, you should obtain independent legal advice before proceeding.
All persons seeking to purchase tickets or passes to the Brisbane International Film Festival (BIFF) acknowledge they are entering a legally binding contract (“Agreement”) between the person purchasing the ticket and Gold Coast Film Fantastic Limited T/A Brisbane International Film Festival (ABN: 21 098 091 260).
Gold Coast Film Fantastic Limited T/A Brisbane International Film Festival (“BIFF”) hosts the annual event, Brisbane International Film Festival and appoints a ticketing agent to provide ticketing services under the direction of BIFF.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before purchasing a ticket. By purchasing a ticket from BIFF, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions relate both to the sale of tickets and attendance at events. These Terms and Conditions apply to both the original purchaser and any subsequent ticketholders (“you”).
VARIATION TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BIFF may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating them. Any variations will only apply to ticket purchases made after these Terms and Conditions have been updated.
Each ticket is also sold subject to any additional terms and conditions of the venue for the particular event (“Venue’s Terms”). The Venue’s Terms may be disclosed as part of the event information on BIFF’s website and at the various venues.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Refunds, exchanges and replacements
- BIFF will only offer a refund or exchange of a ticket if an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time. BIFF does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances.
- If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated by BIFF, all liability is limited to the amount for which the ticket was purchased (including any fees or charges). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. Unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), BIFF will not be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses.
- BIFF will only replace lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, and if you give reasonable notice before the event.
- You should carefully consider the refund and cancellation policies of travel, accommodation and other goods or service providers when making arrangements for attendance at an event. You may also wish to consider taking out a relevant insurance policy to cover for any losses in the event of cancellation, rescheduling or relocation.
- Any advertised BIFF ticket or pass price is inclusive of GST, unless otherwise stated.
- Concession discounts apply to full Australian Government Pensioner Concession Card holders and DVA Gold Card holders as well as full time Australian Student card holders.
- Senior Cards and international student cards are not accepted and will be charged as an adult.
Variations to performances or events
- BIFF reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements (including ticket categories) and audience capacity.
Conditions of entry
- Admission to an event is subject to the Venue Terms. In particular, the following form part of the Venue’s terms unless otherwise specified.
- You may be denied entry into, or removed from, an event where the Venue has reasonable grounds to do so, including if you breach these Terms and Conditions or the Venue’s Terms, or you are intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the event by others.
- If you arrive late, you may not be admitted until a suitable break in the event.
You may not be permitted to take into the event, or use, cameras or other photographic or recording equipment (including mobile phones).
- You may be required to submit to a search of your person and/or possessions before entering the event.
Authenticity and validity of tickets
- Entry to an event may be refused if the authenticity or validity of a ticket is questionable, including because the ticket has been damaged or defaced in any way, or has not been purchased from BIFF or other authorised points of sale.
Resale of tickets & scalping
- Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of BIFF, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction or other unauthorised resale sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the ticketholder of the ticket may be refused admission. BIFF will use reasonable efforts to notify you of such action.
SCALPING WARNING: The resale of tickets in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
Collection and delivery of tickets
- You must allow adequate time for collection or delivery of tickets. Methods of collection and/or delivery will be available when choosing your collection/delivery details. In the interests of minimising ticket scalping, BIFF may change your delivery method to “venue collect” at its discretion.
- Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and at the event.
Limitations on number of tickets purchased
- When purchasing tickets for a particular event you may be limited to a specified number of tickets. If you exceed the stated ticket limit, you may have any or all of your orders and tickets cancelled without notice by BIFF at its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information. Ticket limits apply to ensure fair access to tickets for fans, and as a measure to minimise ticket scalping.
- While BIFF and its ticketing agent takes all reasonable care to ensure that tickets are correctly priced and only available for sale when intended, sometimes errors may occur. BIFF may cancel an order made as a result of any such error, although in the case of a pricing error BIFF will endeavour to contact you to give you the option of purchasing the ticket at the correct price.
- If an error on your behalf results in BIFF reprocessing the ticket transaction at your request, BIFF may charge to you the actual costs incurred in reprocessing the ticket transaction, including any chargeback or postage fees charged to BIFF by a third party.
The term “including” when used in these Terms and Conditions is not a term of limitation.
- When attending a film or any other BIFF event (Event), you confirm that:
- you are well and are not experiencing any symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell; and
- you have not been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19; and
- you are not otherwise required to be self-quarantining; and
- if any of the above circumstances change prior to the Event, you will not attend the Event.
- By attending the Event, you acknowledge and agree that:
- given the contagious nature of COVID-19 and that Queensland Health and many other public health authorities still recommend practicing social distancing, there are risks in attending the Event;
- although the BIFF will comply with government restrictions, the BIFF cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19 which has significant health risks;
- you have had the opportunity to consider the risks associated with attending the Event and freely and voluntarily accept:
- all of the risks (foreseeable and unforeseeable) that may result from attending the Event; and
- any and all consequences which may result from those risks (whether foreseeable or unforeseeable);
- while attending the Event the patron will, at all times, follow:
- government guidelines in relation to COVID-19 and all set procedures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 while attending the Event;
- the lawful directions of the BIFF and any of its representatives or the representatives the stadium or other venue at which Event is held; and
- any signage displayed at the Event or premises at which the Event is held;
- to the full extent permitted at law, you waive, release and discharge each of the BIFF and its representatives from and against any and all claims or liabilities which you have, or may at any time have, arising out of or in relation to the Event. This waiver, release and discharge extends to all acts, omissions, defaults, failures or errors on the part of all or any of the BIFF or its representatives.
- you agree to indemnify, and keep indemnified, each of the BIFF and its representatives from and against any claims and liabilities, whether direct or indirect, arising out of or in relation to:
- you observing or participating in the Event; and
- your acts or omissions while observing or participating in the Event;
- you covenant not to sue or commence any proceedings against the BIFF or any of its representatives in respect of any loss or damage arising out of or relating to any loss, damage, injury or illness you may sustain which in any way relates to the Event; and
- you intend to be immediately bound by the terms recorded in this document and for it to be binding on your executors, administrators and assigns.
- BIFF is required to abide by all State and Federal Government restrictions imposed in relation to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Any offers made to patrons are subject to government restrictions allowing the BIFF to deliver on its representations, for the 2021 Event.